- Customer Reviews
The Reading Pen 2 is Specially designed for people with learning disabilities such as Dyslexia.
The New Reading Pen features the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, containing over 240,000 entries and definitions, hundreds of new words and phrases. The scanning Pen is also equipped with the ScanSoftt British English Real Speak text-to-speech module.
This pen scans full lines of text, displays the scanned words in large characters on the LCD screen, pronounces the scanned word, reads the definition out loud, as well as defining words within the definition (cross-reference) Reading Pen - the only mobile learning tool designed for people with reading or learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
The New Reading Pen is designed for users with reading or learning disabilities or those learning English as a second language. The product assists users by providing a definition of the scanned word or line of text. The product's miniaturised text-to-speech technology enables reading both the words and definition aloud. Individual words are enlarged on the display and may be spelled out. The small size of the Reading Pen makes it completely portable for use wherever and whenever needed. The Pen also now includes a Trainer which fits onto the end of the pen and assists with scanning for the first time.
Features and Specifications
- Captures text within seconds
- Features the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, containing over 240,000 entries and definitions, hundreds of new words and phrases as well as relating to weights and measures, SMS and countries
- The new Reading Pen is also equipped with the ScanSoft British English Real Speak text-to-speech module
- Displays and speaks dictionary definition
- Single word/Full line scanning
- Displays scanned words in large font
- Reads words aloud
- Spells words out loud
- Recognizes 6-22 point size text, bold, italic, underlined, inverted text
- Scans left to right, and right to left
- Spells words out loud
- Keeps a history of scanned words
- Defines word within the definition (cross-reference)
- Adjustable for left and right handed users
- Ergonomic 6 x 1 1/2 x 1, lightweight - 3 oz.
- An Opticard and Character Bar allow you to input text manually
Comes complete with
- User Manual and a Getting Started card
- Card Carrying Case (plastic) with Opticard
- Volume-Controlled earphones and an adapter for external loudspeakers
- 2 AAA batteries
- Manuals & Workbook